Please read the terms of service for NINJA WiFi.
Your reservation will not be completed unless you agree to our terms of service.
Article 1 (Scope of Application)
The Terms of Service will be applied to any and all cases wherein a contract Signer (hereinafter referred to as the “Signer” or “Signers” ) uses a rental service (hereinafter referred to as the “Service” ) for a data transmission device and its peripherals (hereinafter referred to as “WiFi Equipment”), as provided by Vision Inc. (hereinafter referred to as we, us, our and the “Company”).
Article 2 (Revision of Terms)
The Company may revise these terms from time to time without obtaining any consent from the Signers. In this event, the Company will provide any and all Signers with a notice of the revised terms by any of the methods prescribed in Article 5 (Methods of Notification), and the revised terms will become effective immediately thereafter.
Article 3 (Alteration of Service)
We may change the usage fee of this service (including the change in the amount of the consumption tax due to the change in the consumption tax rate) and the service content accompanying this, without the approval of the applicant. In this case, we shall notify the subscriber of the changed service contents by the method defined in Article 5 (Methods of Notification), and the changed service contents shall be applied thereafter.
Article 4 (Finalization of Agreement)
The Agreement will become effective upon the Signer's completion of the sign-up process, according to the procedure as designated by the Company, and the Company's subsequent approval.
- Upon a sign-up's approval by the Company, we will send a notice of approval via email with the subject line "[Order Accepted] We have received your order."
- In the event that we determine it impossible to provide services as requested by the Signer, or that we find it impossible to provide services for any other reason after the sign-up's approval, we will provide the Signer with a notice by any of the methods prescribed in Article 5.
- In the event that the agreement has already been completed according to the previous paragraph 2, we will immediately begin the process of reversing the payment so that the Signer is not charged.
Article 5 (Methods of Notification)
We will provide any and all Signers with notices of any and all matters in connection with the Service and this Terms of Service. Such a notice will be made via writing, email (including short mail services, etc.), telephone, postings to our Company website, and any other methods as designated by us.
Article 6 (Period of Service)
- In the billing period, 1 day of Service equals 1 unit of billing. Additionally, the billing period is equal to the dates of travel declared on the sign-up form. If any changes are made to the details of this declaration, we will change the billing period.
- If we find that none of the WiFi Equipment has been returned by the return date designated by the Company, extension fees will accrue, as predefined by the Company, until such a date as we can confirm that all WiFi Equipment have been returned to a place designated by the Company.
- If the Signer applies for the use of the Service for more than 30 days, or if the Signer needs to consider use for any other reason during a certain period of time, we may provide a separate consultation regarding the Service period.
Article 7 (Sign-up Procedure)
- The Signer will agree to the Terms of Service and Important Matters, as well as complete the online sign-up form or enter every necessary item on the sign-up form, by the sign-up deadline as designated by the Company.
- The connection line for the WiFi Equipment to be rented will be designated by the Company, and this will be decided by the Company immediately before renting.
- The Company may reject any sign-up for the Agreement, if it falls under any of the following. In the event that such a rejection is determined, the Company will provide the Signer with a notice thereof:
- The Signer is likely to violate the Agreement;
- The Signer is likely to default on payment of liabilities under the Agreement;
- The Signer intentionally makes any false statements on the sign-up form for the Agreement;
- The Signer is likely to exploit the Service in any form that offends public order and morals;
- The Signer is likely to exploit the Service in any form that defames the Company or the Service; or
- The Company determines for any other reason that it as impossible to provide the Service.
Article 8 (Transfer of Rights)
In no case may any Signer assign or transfer any and all rights and obligations herein to any third party.
Article 9 (Alterations in the Signer's Information)
- In the event that the Signer who completed the procedure as prescribed in Article 7 has had information changes, the Signer must provide the Company with a notice thereof.
- In the event that the Signer fails to provide the Company with such a notice as set forth in the previous paragraph 1, and as a result, the Service becomes unavailable because the circumstances of the Signer and the user(s) are inconsistent, the Company will assume no responsibility for this unavailability.
Article 10 (Delivery of WiFi Equipment)
- The Signer will receive the WiFi Equipment from the Company, or one of our other designated companies, by any of the following methods. Additionally, in the event that the Signer wishes to receive the WiFi Equipment outside Japan, the WiFi Equipment will generally be delivered to the Signer a day before the date of departure:
- Via delivery service or mail to the Signer's address (not applicable outside Japan) as designated by the Signer;
- Via pick-up at a delivery counter in an airport as predetermined by the Company;
- Via pick-up at a place of business or branch office of the Company or one of our affiliates; or
- Via pick-up at an overseas delivery counter as designated by the Company.
- In the event that the Signer wishes to receive the WiFi Equipment after the sign-up deadline, the Company may accept a request by the Signer with an additional "cost for special last-minute arrangements," as calculated based on individual arrangements; this is provided, however, that the Company determines it acceptable.
- In the event that it is impossible to deliver the WiFi Equipment by the scheduled delivery date as set forth in the sign-up form, and for reasons not ascribable to the Company, such as an act of God like bad weather, an accident or delay in transit, or any other reason prohibiting the Signer from receiving the WiFi Equipment by the scheduled delivery date, the Company will not be held accountable for the nondelivery.
Article 11 (Sign-up Cancellation)
This service can be canceled by paying appricable cancellation fee.
It is to be noted that the cancellation fee will be in accordance with the Terms of Article 6 (Way of Notification).
Article 12 (Return of WiFi Equipment)
- The Signer will return any and all WiFi Equipment to the Company after the expiration of the Service and by any of the returning methods designated at the time of signing up.
- The Signer will send the WiFi Equipment via delivery service or mail, or otherwise drop the WiFi Equipment off at the address designated by the Company, by the return date as defined in Article 7.
- In the event that it has been selected to return the WiFi Equipment via delivery service or mail, an invoice designated by the Company should be used. If anything other than such a designated invoice is used or if Cash on Delivery is required for the returned WiFi Equipment, the Company will separately charge an additional fee.
- With the extension of the Service as prescribed in Paragraphs 2 and 3 of Article 6, each extension fee as separately defined by the Company will accrue and be added to the bill.
Article 13 (Usage Fees)
- The usage fees for the Service will be calculated according to the rates listed on our website and brochures for the Service period as prescribed in Article 6, and such rates and fees will be explained in the sign-up procedure.
- During the Service period, the usage fees will accrue regardless of the occurrence of any actual data transmission.
- In the event that established data transmissions exceed that which has been prescribed in Article 21, we may separately charge an additional fee as set forth in the rate table.
- If the Company finds that any business entity considered to be our sector peer has been used, we will calculate usage fees at a metered rate based on transmission volume, and this will be charged to the Signer.
- In the event that the Company cannot confirm your payment by such a due date as designated by the Company, we may charge extension interest at 14.5% per year.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
Article 14 (Billing & Payment Methods)
- Payment of usage fees for the Service may be made via credit card or by such methods as designated by the Company.
- When paying the fees for the Service, all terms and conditions as prescribed by the chosen financial institution must be observed.
- Depending on the details of the Signer's request for the Service (areas of usage, Service period, and quantity of WiFi Equipment), the Company may request a deposit or that the Signer provide personal credit line information.
- In the event that the term of the Agreement exceeds one month, it may be requested that payment be made each month.
- In the event that payment of the usage fees for the Service is found to be overdue, the Company may provide the Signer with a notice or communication by any of the methods as designated by the Company, including, but not limited to, writing, e-mail, telephone or visit to the Signer (hereinafter referred to as the “Notice of Outstanding Balance”).
- The Company may entrust any third party with claiming usage fees and overdue interest, as prescribed in Article 13, as well as extension fees, as prescribed in Article 13, and with collecting any claims from the Signer based on the Terms of Service.
- In the event that the Company or any of our affiliates visits the Signer in order to collect and receive any claims, the Signer will pay the costs for such a visit by the Company or the affiliate.
Article 15 (Termination of the Agreement)
- The Company may immediately terminate the Agreement if it finds applicable any of the following reasons:
- The Signer fails or seems likely to fail to pay any debt hereunder;
- The Signer uses the Service unlawfully or in any form that offends public order and morals;
- The Signer uses the Service in any form under which such use may impair use by any other persons who directly or indirectly use the Service provided by the Company;
- The Signer breaches any obligations as prescribed in the Terms and Conditions;
- The Signer files a petition for bankruptcy, corporate reorganization, liquidation or civil rehabilitation;
- The Signer is found to belong to an organized crime group, is a member of such a group or any other equivalent antisocial force, or has connections with any of these groups; or
- The Company otherwise determines that there is any unavoidable reason for the Company to terminate the Agreement.
- When the Company terminates the use of the Service according to the previous paragraph, the Company will provide the Signer with a prior notice of reasons for and the date of termination of the Service, using any of the methods as prescribed in Article 6 (Methods of Notification). However, if the Company determines it to be an emergency or otherwise unavoidable, the Company may not provide the Signer with any notice.
- In the event that the Service is terminated according to the previous paragraphs 1 and 2, the Signer will be held accountable for any losses or liabilities incurred by the Company.
Article 16 (Management of WiFi Equipment)
- The Signer will carefully maintain and manage the WiFi Equipment and will not conduct any of the following during usage:
- Transfer, resale, back-engineering, modification, alteration, damage, destruction, loss, extreme defacement (attaching stickers, shaving or cutting off, coloring, etc.), and pealing off any of the affixed stickers;
- Unauthorized use outside of the Agreement;
- Any and all acts applicable to prohibited matters as set forth in the Instruction Manual for WiFi Equipment; or
- Any and all acts that violate the Telecommunications Business Act, Mobile Phone Improper Use Prevention Act, and other applicable laws and regulations;
- In the event that the Company determines any conduct by the Signer as being applicable to any of the acts listed in the previous paragraph 1, the Company may recommend the Signer to adjust it, and the Signer will follow such a recommendation.
- In the event that the Company determines any conduct by the Signer as being applicable to any of the acts listed in the previous paragraph 1, the Company may warn and force the Signer to return the WiFi Equipment to the Company, and the Signer will follow such a command.
- In the event that the Company determines any conduct by the Signer as being applicable to any of the acts listed in the previous paragraph 1, the Company may claim damages as prescribed in Article 23, and the Signer will be obliged to pay or compensate for such damages.
Article 17 (Loss & Damage of WiFi Equipment)
- The Signer will carefully maintain and manage the WiFi Equipment following the instructions for use of the WiFi Equipment as designated by the Company.
- If any WiFi Equipment is lost, damaged or stolen, the Signer will immediately report it to the Company. If any WiFi Equipment is lost or stolen for any reason whatsoever, the Signer will pay any transmission fees arising from unauthorized use.
- In the event of the previous paragraph 2, the Signer will pay the settlement separately as defined by the Company under costs for repair or re-purchase of WiFi Equipment.
- In the event of the previous paragraph 2, any NOC (Non Operation Charge = compensation for loss of earnings) will be charged as an additional cost.
Article 18 (Insurance Plan)
- An Insurance Plan is a voluntary enrollment plan to compensate for WiFi Equipment in the event that it is lost, damaged or stolen during the usage period by any Signer or user. This plan will be in effect only for any Signer who applied for it during the sign-up procedure as prescribed in Article 8.
- The rate for the use of the Insurance Plan and details thereof will be presented and introduced separately to the Signer via our web page at the time of signing up.
- If the WiFi Equipment is lost or stolen, the Signer must obtain a certificate thereof from the nearest Japanese Police Department or other public institution, and said certificate must be submitted to the Company.
- The scope of the compensation does not include the NOC, as set forth in Paragraph 4 of Article 18.
Article 19 (Purchase of WiFi Equipment)
As a general rule, no Signer may purchase the WiFi Equipment.
Article 20 (Contractual Bans)
To use the Service, no Signers will conduct any of the acts as prescribed in each of the following:
- Any acts that infringe upon or are likely to infringe upon any copyrights, trademarks, and any other rights of the Company or any third parties used in connection with the Service;
- Any and all acts against the Terms of Service;
- Any and all acts against the Telecommunications Business Act, Mobile Phone Improper Use Prevention Act, and other applicable laws and regulations;
- Installing additional articles onto, modifying, disassembling, or destroying the WiFi Equipment;
- Any acts in violation of our proprietary rights, including subleasing, transferring, and offering as security the WiFi Equipment to any third parties; or
- Any acts that the Company determines as inappropriate and inadequate based on any logical reason.
Article 21 (Fair Use & Limitations)
- If any Signer or user significantly overuses data (For example, a packet data amount of 3 GB or more per day), the Company may stop or limit that Signer's usage in order to provide other Signers with fair and equal use of communication services. The Company may also limit the use of high volume communications that cause significant transmission loads, including video streaming, online games, VOIP and FTP.
- In the event of such an interruption or limitation of any communication services, data transmission may remain disconnected throughout the Service period designated by the Signer. Even if this should occur, the Company will not refund any usage fees to any such Signer.
- The Company may separately charge any such Signer an additional fee for the overuse of data transmissions, as prescribed in Paragraph 3 of Article 13.
Article 22 (Conditions for Data Transmission)
- The Signatories may perform data transmission only when the customer-owned and managed terminal facilities or the customer-owned and maintained telecommunications facilities are located within the service area separately designated by the telecommunications carriers of WiFi Equipment, etc. (the telecommunications carriers with which the Company enters into a contract for the Service shall be as set forth in Attachment). However, even within the said service area, data transmission may not be performed (including the deterioration of data transmission speed) indoors, underground, on upper floors of a building, in a tunnel, behind a building, in the mountains, on an isolated island, at sea and in any other place where radio waves are not easily transmitted (but not limited to such places).
- Data transmission under the data transmission service that the telecommunications carriers provide shall conform to the protocol for data transmission that the telecommunications carriers of the WiFi Equipment, etc. separately stipulate. However, the transmission speed according to such protocol for data transmission will not be guaranteed.
- The transmission speed under the data transmission service that the telecommunications carriers provide may change according to the situation of data transmission or the environment for data transmission, among other causes.
- The maximum speed of data transmission of the WiFi Equipment, etc. that the telecommunications carriers show is the maximum speed according to the standards and does not guarantee a certain speed of data transmission. In addition, the speed of data transmission may change due to line congestion.
Article 23 (Disclaimer)
- In the event that the Contracting Party or a user uses the WiFi Equipment under the Service and connects to a telecommunications network via any method other than those prescribed by the Company, whether it be intended or not, the Contracting Party and the user may be charged usage fees, such as overseas roaming cost, etc. by the telecommunications company with which the connection was made. If this should happen, the Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for such usage fees.
- If use of the WiFi Equipment is interrupted, and the Contracting Party or a user fails to notify the Company thereof during the Service period, the Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for such interruption, and the Contracting Party will pay the usage fees accrued during the interruption.
Communication failures by telecommunications carriers provided for in Article 16, Paragraph 1 other than the Company will be excluded from causes attributable to the Company, and the Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for such communication failures.
- In the event that any fault is found in the details of the Service after the completion of the sign-up procedure as prescribed in Article 7 (Sign-up Procedure), and the fault interferes with the use of the WiFi Equipment, the Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for the fault, and the Contracting Party will acknowledge this in advance.
- The Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for any accident, loss or damage incurred by the Contracting Party due to certain faults in the use of the WiFi Equipment, regardless of the cause.
- All responsibilities assumed by the Company to the Contracting Party will be limited to those stipulated in the Terms of Service, and the Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever beyond this for any loss of income incurred by the Contracting Party in relation to the use of the Service, damage pertaining to the loss of data and any other damages (whether they are financial damages or non-financial damages), irrespective of the reason.
- If a service contract falls under the consumer contract provided for in Article 2, Paragraph 3 of the Consumer Contract Act (Act No. 61 of 2000), the provisions in the Terms of Service that exempt the Company fully from liability for damages will not apply. Even in this case, the Company will assume no responsibility whatsoever for damages sustained by the Contracting Party through default or illegal act due to negligence (excluding gross negligence) of the Company that have arisen from special circumstances (including cases where the Company or the Contracting Party foresees or could have foreseen the occurrence of the damages).
Article 24 (Damages)
In the event that there are any damages to the Company for any reason attributable to the Signer in connection with the use of the Service, the Signer will compensate the Company for such damages incurred thereby.
In the event that the Signer causes any damages to or has a dispute with a third party, the Signer will assume any risk or cost incurred in settling such a dispute, and the Company will not assume responsibility for any harm from any liabilities. In the event that the Company is being held accountable by any other Signers or third parties, the Signer will assume any risk or cost incurred in settling such a dispute, and the Company will not assume responsibility for any harm from any liabilities.
Article 25 (Handling of Personal Information)
The Company will manage the personal information of the Signatories appropriately with the care of a prudent manager, taking into consideration the intent of the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information.” In addition, “Personal Information” in the Terms of Service refers to information regarding individuals who are alive, and which can identify a specific individual by using the name, date of birth and other details included in the information (including information that can be checked easily against other information, resulting in the identification of a specific individual).
For Personal Information that is provided upon applying for the Service and concluding the Agreement, the Company will handle it appropriately within the range needed to achieve the purposes of use prescribed in the following items.
- To respond to inquiries regarding the Service and requests for consultation.
- To confirm identity, provide information about fees and billing services, provide information about changes in the conditions of providing the Service, provide notification of the suspension or termination of the Service, and provide information regarding other services. Information regarding the provision of the Service includes sending the emails prescribed below. These emails are related to the provision of the Service, and they will therefore also be sent to the Signatories and users who choose not to receive emails from the Company when they conclude the Agreement.
- ⅰ）Emails for the confirmation of order details and receipt
- ⅱ）Emails regarding the return of rental items
- ⅲ）Emails regarding information about local communication failures
- ⅳ）Emails regarding the state of use of the customer's communication capacity
- ⅴ）Emails regarding local information when users go abroad
- ⅵ）Emails regarding the purchase of additional data capacity when users go abroad
- ⅶ）Other emails regarding necessary information that will not be disadvantageous for customers as defined by the Company
- To promote sales by telephone, email and postal mail, conduct questionnaires and send free gifts regarding the Service provided by the Company (including the Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) or its partners (including the Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies). In addition, information related to the provision of the Service includes sending the emails prescribed below. These emails will be sent only to the Signatories and users who agree to receive emails from the Company when they conclude the Agreement.
- ⅰ）Discount information from NINJA WiFi
- ⅱ）Gift information from NINJA WiFi (about once a week in mail magazine format)
- ⅲ）Emails regarding the services of the Vision Group
- To analyze information that is provided in order to improve the Company's services (including the Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) or develop new services.
- To announce products, services, and campaigns of the Company (including the Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) or their partners. In addition, these announcements may be sent by email (specific emails), and these emails will be sent only to the Signatories and users who agree to receive emails from the Company when they conclude the Agreement.
The Company may provide Personal Information for outsourcing companies (including the Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) when implementing the operations required for providing the Service. In this case, the Company will select an outsourcing company that fully implements the protection of Personal Information and will take the necessary and appropriate measures, including the conclusion of the agreement on the protection of Personal Information.
The Company will not provide Personal Information to third parties other than outsourcing companies without the consent of the persons concerned. However, matters prescribed in laws (including but not limited to inquiries according to Paragraph 2, Article 197 of the Code of Criminal Procedure and Paragraph 2, Article 119 of the Customs Act) will be handled accordingly.
For the use of WiFi Equipment, data used by the Signatories, browsing information and log information shall be managed and deleted appropriately by the Signatories. The Company will not accept any responsibility for information management and the loss of data during the use of the said terminals or after the termination of the Agreement, and after the return of the terminals.
For the purpose of providing comprehensive services by the Group, the Company will jointly use Personal Information that is presented for the Agreement with the Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies according to the following conditions.
Items of Personal Information that will be used jointly
While all items of Personal Information obtained may be used jointly, joint users will use the minimum amount of items of Personal Information necessary to execute operations.
Scope of parties who will undertake joint use:
The Company's parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies
Purpose of use of the parties who will undertake joint use:
Name of the party who is responsible for the management of the said Personal Information:
- ⅰ）For information, research and development of services
- ⅱ）For decisions on the provision of services
- ⅲ）To appropriately execute business management operations on a Group basis, such as the identification and control of risks
Article 26 (Alterations in Terms of Service)
The Terms of Service are subject to change without notice.
Article 27 (Governing Law & Jurisdiction)
The Terms of Service are governed by the laws of Japan. In the event that a dispute arises from or in connection with the Terms of Service, the exclusive jurisdiction of the court in charge of the first instance will be the Tokyo District Court.